Vision, Mission, Strategic Goals and Objectives
- To See Best Beles Institute Which Improves the Socio-Economic and Environmental Contribution of Cactus Internationally By 2030
- Making Cactus/Beles one of the Best Contributing Plants in Poverty Reduction and Environmental Sustainability of the Country through Improvement and Genetic Conservation.
- To generate and adapt Beles technologies that can sustainably enhance productivity and quality to leverage its role in the food security, promotion of manufacturing firms, import substitution and hard currency earnings;
- To generate and adapt Beles technologies that can reduce the proportion of malnutrition driven child mortality and women health and contribute to building up of a healthy and productive society,
- To generate technologies that can promote Beles product based micro-processing businesses and create jobs for rural and urban women and youth.
- To make and adopt a Beles Based Agro forest technologies to ensure Environmental protections such as Soil and water conservation
- Reducing genetic erosion by establishing insitu and exsitu conservations
- Enhancing availability and uses of genetic diversity of cactus
- Identification and management pest of cactus
- Usage diversification and intensification of cactus product
- Improving post-harvest handling and processing techniques
- Availing and improving market access for the cactus product.
- Provide proper agronomic practices for cactus production
- Improving and sustaining environmental protection and rehabilitation role of cactus