Muuz Abraha Meshesha
- Educational Background
- Undergraduate Bachelor of Degree in Laws (LL.B) from Mekelle University; September-2006 to 2011.
- Postgraduate Masters of Laws in Taxation and Investment Laws (LL.M) Mekelle University; 2012 to 2014.
- Professional Experience
Experience 1 Assistant Professor of Laws
- Employer: Adigrat University, School of Law Duration; September 2014 up to Present. Under this responsibility I have;
- Taught, conducted researches and provided community service in different areas of Law. Among others, I have taught courses such as Tax Law, Company Law, Investment Law, Law of Property, Family Law, Law of Persons, Law of Traders and Business Organization, Introduction to Law, and Business Law.
- Conducted researches on the areas of Tax Law, Investment Law, Law of Refugees/Illegal Migration/, and Law of Criminal Procedure, in addition to the provision of community services training to the Woreda judges, Social Courts, Rural Land Administrators, State council members, Police force members, and free legal aid advocacy at our free legal aid service center.
- Worked as a Part time Instructor in Mekelle University, School of Law, Postgraduate studies under the Business Law program. Under this role, I have delivered the course of Company Law to the regular PG students.
- Dean of the School of Law Employer: Adigrat University, School of Law Duration: February, 2016 up to Present.
- My duty is the overall management of the School in its all aspects specifically; carrying out the responsibilities destined to a Dean under the University’s legislation. Among others, it includes planning and supervising the School’s overall activities. Particularly, making short term and long term plans to guide the activities of the School and following up its performance based on the plan; in its academic, research, and community service components.
Experience 3 Department Head of Law
- Employer: Adigrat University, School of Law
- Duration: November, 2014 up to February, 2016
- My duty was the overall management of the department (before the upgrading and establishment of the department in to a School of Law), in its all aspects specifically; carrying out the responsibilities destined to a department under the University’s legislation. The main responsibilities were supervision of all activities of the department including, initiating and finalizing upgrading of the School in to its current School status.
Experience 4 Law Lecturer
- Employer: Sheba University College, Mekelle, Ethiopia
- Duration: March-2011 to March-2012.
- I have taught courses such as Law of Traders and Business Organization, Case Management, Law of Persons, Introduction to Law, Business Law, and Public Finance. The lecture includes teaching, preparing teaching materials, as well as preparation of Modules.
Experience 5 Law Instructor
- Employer: Nile College, Mekelle, Ethiopia
- Duration: October-2010 to June-2012
- During that time, I have taught courses such as; Law of Traders and Business Organization, Law of Persons, Introduction to Law, Law of Public Finance, and Law of Property courses.
- I have also served as a department head from October-2009 to June-2012 with an overall management of the law department regular, extension, and distance education programs; including, the supervision of the teaching-learning process, research, and community services
Experience 6 Law Instructor
- Employer: New Millennium University College, Mekelle, Ethiopia
- Duration: November-2010 to February-2011
- During that time, I have taught courses such as Public Finance, and Law of Traders and Business Organization courses.
- Special Duty Duration: September 2014 up to Present
- Chair Person of Adigrat University Discipline Committee: The main duty of this Committee is to examine suits presented from the organization and decide on issues based on the fact findings and relevant laws. After, an intensive investigation of the cases, I [We] forward our final decisions to the University President.
- Member of Adigrat University Senate: My role in this special duty comes from the deanship capacity. In this forum, I am part of all the decisions in which the University passes at different stages, for different reasons.
- External Examiner for Postgraduate (LL.M) research papers: I have been serving as an External Examiner to LL.M degree students in Mekelle University Taxation and Investment Laws program for two academic calendars, on June 2016, and 2019. Similarly, I have also served as an External Examiner to PG programs in ESCU, Addis Ababa since 2018 academic year.
- Research and Project
- “Income Tax Assessment of Category “C‟ Taxpayers in Tigray Region; the legal Lacunas and the Way Forward”, December. 2013.
- Evaluation of The Efficiency of Standard Assessment for Category C Taxpayers in Ethiopia: The Case of Tigray Regional State, Published at Haromaya Law Review, Vol 4(1), available at http://www.haramaya.edu.et/academics/college-of-law/journal/, African Journal Online: http://www.ajol.info/index.php/hlr/ , Hein Online: http://heinonline.org/HOL/index?index=journals/haramlr&collection=jour , and, Cite factor: http://www.citefactor.org/
- The practical Problems Arising out of the Ethiopian Schedular Income Tax System, 2004, a dissertation for the fulfillment of LL.M (Master’s Degree in Law in the Tax Laws Program) awarded a Very Good Grade.
- An Assessment of the Implication of Real Time Dispatch Procedure on the right of Accused Persons; the case of Eastern Zone of Tigray Region, and Mekelle high courts, April, 2015.
- The Prospects and Challenges of the New Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 652/2001 on the Ethiopian Charities and Societies, 2001, a senior thesis for the fulfillment of LL.B degree awarded an Excellent, ‘A’ Grade.
- Causes and Consequences of Illegal Migration in selected Woredas of Eastern Tigray Zone, available at http://developmentofpeoples.org/news/the-roots- causes-of-migration, July, 2016.
- Evaluation of the Value Added Tax Administration in Tigray Region; the case of Eastern Tigray Zone, 2017
- Principal Researcher of the project team who prepared Ethical Code of Conduct Directive for all Bureaus of the Tigray regional state, 2015.
- Member of the Project team on Legal and Institutional Aspects of Adigrat city’s ten year master plan.
- Member of the research team on “The Involvement of unaccompanied minor Children in Illegal Migration in Eastern Tigray Zone” conducted in collaboration with CISP.
- A Certificate of Appreciation for trainings given to Adigrat City council members, Social Courts, and Eastern zone Police members.
- Certificate of completion for short training on Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) of illegal migration returnees organized by International Organization for Migration-IOM.
- Adigrat University Legal Aid Center volunteer: this certificate recognizes for the accomplishment as a volunteer non-paid participant.
A Certificate of Award for winning a best Essay competition (among Law faculty students) on Human Rights at the 60th anniversary of UDHR, Mekelle University, February 2011.