Editorial policies are subjected to protect and strengthen the SSJBSS’s quality and integrity aiming at readers’ interest. All articles should be produced with respect to the scope of the SSJBSS based on the novelty, significance, and usefulness of the journal to readers. Decisions on the submitted manuscripts should not be affected by the author’s origin, religion, gender, nationality, race, ethnicity, or political beliefs. In addition, decisions on the manuscripts should not be determined by the government policies or agencies away from the SSJBSS policies. The decisions taken on the submitted manuscripts are solely based on the manuscripts validity, importance, and contribution to the scientific readers. To ensure the continuity of the SSJBSS and serve as unbiased publication scholarly journal, the following editorial policies (rules and regulations) have been established:
- Manuscripts should be prepared and submitted in English. However, when deems necessary and when the manuscripts are worth full to the local and national demands, the journal will also accept manuscripts prepared in Ethiopian languages (such as Tigrinya and Amharic).
- All submitted manuscripts should be original contributions from authors all over the world
- All submitted manuscripts are subject to the editorial review, edit, verification, and permission. Submission of a manuscript to the SSJBSS does not necessarily guarantee its publication
- Reviewer comments are double blinded, the author (s) of the manuscript does not known the reviewers’ identities and reviewer does not know the author(s)
- The managing editor will accept submission and summarise opinions and synopses of published works, etc.
- All submitted manuscripts should be prepared and submitted in Microsoft Word f (MS word) and PDF formats. The length of the manuscripts, including all references, charts, figures, and tables should be between 5000 and 8000 words for original article, between 4000 to 6000 words for review article, 2000 to 3000 words for book review. All texts should be written in British English language with 12 fonts, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing, normal (1 page per sheet), and should be within 1.5-inch margins all around. However, in text quotations should be prepared as single spaced format and should be 0.5 inch indented than the normal text.
- All submitted manuscripts should contain the corresponding author’s name, title, company affiliation, physical address, and email address
- The SSJBSS has a zero‑tolerance policy regarding plagiarism. When plagiarism is detected, the editorial board or Editorial‑in‑Chief will take appropriate action at any stage of the publication
- When authors found substantive error for their published article, they can report to the Editorial‑in‑Chief or managing editor of the SSJBSS with convincing evidence to post the correction in the next issue of the journal
- When a corresponding author submits a manuscript accompanied by a single manuscript submission form (provided by the SSJBSS), the author receives a layer of acknowledgement which includes a manuscript number. Any communication among the author, editor, and reviewers regarding the manuscript is made using the manuscript number. Then, the manuscript is sent to two anonymous peer‑reviewers assigned by the editorial board. Thus, upon the recommendation and comments given by the reviewers an accepted manuscript is returned including the comments of the reviewers to the respective author(s) with a letter of acceptance to resubmit the corrected manuscript
- A rejected submitted manuscript is sent back to the author(s) with the reviewers’ comments for further improvement of the manuscript. It should be noted, however that the rejection does not mean that the work is worthless rather that it either lacks the expected intellectual depth and with or simply does not fall in the territory of the publication of the journal. An accepted manuscript will also sent back to the authors to resubmit the corrected manuscript and then the manuscripts will be sent to a language editor. Finally, the manuscripts are scheduled for publication in one of the issues of the SSJBSS
- Language editor must be recruited from the University (department of English) to edit the accepted papers for publication
- The author should be confirmed immediate about the submission manuscript and the decision of the editorial board will be given within two month from the date of submission
- All submission should be via the journal’s email address (XXXXXX) and the managing editor email address (XXXXXX)
- No overt or implied bias or advertisement for any commercial enterprise will be allowed within the editorial page of this publication