Adigrat University Vacancy Announcement for Academic Positions for 2010EC1
Adigrat University announces academic vacant positions for the 2009 EC with intention of recruiting competent Ethiopian candidates who have terminal degree (PhD), Masters Degree (MSc/MA) or First Degree holders (BA/BSc) when there exists a critical shortage of senior staff. Please note that candidates with higher degree in the same/similar field will be given a priority without competition with those having lower degrees. All applicants who want to join the University
list of vacancy here:
- College of Natural and Computational Colleges (CNCS)
- College of Business and Economics (CBE)
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES)
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS)
- College of Engineering and Technology (CET)
- College of Social Sciences and Humanities (CSSH)
- School of Law (SoL)
- need to have strong interest and high motivation for teaching should be ready and committed to apply continuous assessment with continuous feedback, modular and student centered teaching-learning approach, and is keen for the one to five staff and students networking approaches.
- should be also ready to carry out research and undertake community service undertakings.
- must submit all their genuine academic credentials (stated below) to the Adigrat University’s Human Resource Directorate Office in person or via a representative for the fields listed on the excel file on the University website.
Application is possible as of the date of appearance of this notice on the University’s website፡ www.adu.edu.et. The list of screened candidates and the date of interviews/exams and seminar presentations will be posted on the University website after enough candidates will be registered. In the meantime it will be advertized on the Adiss Zemen Gazeta for a wider access.
All applicants should submit the following documents (and beware of):
- Application letter (duly signed), curriculum vitae (with a scanned photo).
- Copies of all academic credentials (all degrees & student copies, other relevant documents if any) and two letters of support from previous advisors and/or employer/s (if possible)
- Clearance from current employer or evidence from Kebele indicating that the applicant has no job (clearance, though mandatory, is required after the candidate is given final acceptance from the University).
- Pre-screened BSc/BA shall be prepared for interviews and/or enterance exams; and pre-screened MSc/MA & PhD holders shall make ca. 20 minutes power point presentation on their Masters Thesis/desertation (for PhD holders) or on topic related with their field of study, and all candidates should score a pass result to qualify for the recruetment.
- As per the Adigrat University Legislation, candidates shall meet the minimum first degeree (BSc/BA) CGPA minimum requirement and age limits.
- In some fields, only higher degree holders may be required as candidates. There might be also preferences for certain specializations within those stated as general fields/departments.
- We didnot consider those who have varying vertical degrees (we only consider those having same first and second degrees).
- The stated numbers for each field may vary (decrease, increase, ignored or remain unchanged) depending on the number of new academic staffs might be assigned by the FMoE, the final number of students to be assigned to the university by the FmoE and/or the number of our academic staff who might leave for their further studies or who might join back finishing their study etc.
- The announcement of candidates who will be screened for exams/interviews/seminars is expected to be delayed for some time due to the above listed considerations, and hence candidates need to have the petience & follow up the University website regularly and/or contact the respective departments.
- In case large number of candidates might show up (applied) for a vacancy, a cut-point based on a higher CGPA might be considered to make the number of candidates managable (we follow usually five candidates for a single post approach).
- For the fields for which no candidate/s might be found or enough candidates could not be obtained, this vacancy may continue at least until the end of the 2009 EC first semester.
- Applicants who want to join the university on transfer basis for the vacancies shall also applly within the specified time and are required to fulfill the requirements (they could be excepmted for academic credentials if it is not avaialable with them). If they passed the exam/seminar, a transfer letter will be written to their universities for clearance immediatly.
- Applicants must be ready to enter into a contract with the university not to request for any leave (except for vertical study leave, horizontal study leave is not allowed at all times) before they render a minimum of one year service to Adigrat University. Those who are accepted on transfer basis but having obligations from their university or the FMOE shall be ready continue their remaining obligation with Adigrat University.
- The University will not cover any expense/s for candidates who come for employment. The date of employment (payment of salary and other benefits entitled for University academic staffs such as housing allowance etc) of a qualified candidate is considered to be the date of approval of the employment by the University Senate.
- A candidate is considered to be qualified or passed only after the employment is endorsed by each college council and/or the University Senate (pre-screening and appearing into interviews/exam and seminars and getting approval at the department council is considered as only priliminary which can be accepted or differed by the higher body in accordance with the Adisgrat University legislation
Expatriates or Ethiopians who are currently abroad can contact the university through the email address: email@example.com and and all other requests can be forwarded to the emails of each colleges፡ College of Engineering and Technology (CET): firstname.lastname@example.org, College of Natural and Computational Colleges (CNCS): email@example.com, College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS): firstname.lastname@example.org, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES): email@example.com, College od Business and Economics (CBE): firstname.lastname@example.org, College of Social Sciences and Humanities (CSSH): email@example.com, School of Law (SoL): firstname.lastname@example.org for a pre-screening consideration by sending scanned academic credentials but only if they can show up for the final interviews/exams/seminars. We did not accept email applications from within Ethiopia for administrative reasons. Further queries/comments/suggestions etc can be sent to this email for elaboration. Please follow the progress of the employment at the university website described here.
Adigrat University (www.adu.edu.et )
- O. Box 50, Adigrat, Tigray, Ethiopia
July 2017, Adigrat, Ethiopia