Adigrat University Vacancy Announcement for 2011 EC Second Semester
Adigrat University announces academic vacant positions with the intention of recruiting competent Ethiopian candidates when there exists a critical shortage of senior staff. Please note that candidates with a higher degree in the same/similar field will be given a priority without competition with those having lower degrees. All recruitments will be strictly based on the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MoSHE) guideline for recruitment (check the guideline).
The application is possible as of the date of appearance of this notice on the University’s website and/or on Addis Zemen Gazeta (number of days for application till deadline will be counted starting from the date of advertisement on Addis Zemen Gazeta). The list of vacancies will be advertised on the Adiss Zemen Gazeta for wider access.
The list of screened candidates and the date of interviews/exams and seminar presentations will be posted on the University website after enough candidates will be registered. All applicants should submit the following documents (and beware of):
- Application letter (duly signed), curriculum vitae (with a scanned photo).
- Copies of all academic credentials (all degrees & student copies, other relevant documents if any) and two letters of support from previous advisors and/or employer/s (if possible)
- Clearance from current employer or evidence from Kebele indicating that the applicant has no job (clearance, though mandatory, is required after the candidate is given final acceptance from the University).
- Pre-screened BSc/BA shall be prepared for interviews and/or entrance exams; and pre-screened MSc/MA & Ph.D. holders shall make ca. 20 minutes power point presentation on their Masters Thesis/dissertation (for Ph.D. holders) or on topic related with their field of study, and all candidates should score a pass result to qualify for the recruitment.
- As per the Adigrat University Legislation and MoSHE guideline for recruitment, candidates shall meet the minimum first degree (BSc/BA) and MSc CGPA minimum requirement and age limits.
- In some fields, only higher degree holders may be required as candidates. There might be also preferences for certain specializations within those stated as general fields/departments.
- We didn’t consider those who have varying vertical degrees (we only consider those having same first and second degrees).
- The stated numbers for each field may vary (decrease, increase, ignored or remain unchanged) depending on the number of new academic staffs might be assigned by the MoSHE, the final number of students to be assigned to the university by the MoSHE and/or the number of our academic staff who might leave for their further studies or who might join back finishing their study etc.
- The announcement of candidates who will be screened for exams/interviews/seminars is expected to be delayed for some time due to the above-listed considerations, and hence candidates need to have the patience & follow up on the University website regularly and/or contact the respective department.
- In case large numbers of candidates might show up (applied) for a vacancy, a cut-point based on a higher CGPA might be considered to make the number of candidates manageable (we follow ten candidates for a single post approach based on the MoE guideline).
- For the fields for which no candidate/s might be found or enough candidates could not be obtained, this vacancy may continue at least until the end of the 2011 EC second
- Applicants who want to join the university on transfer basis for the vacancies shall also apply within the specified time and are required to fulfill the requirements (they could be accepted for academic credentials if it is not available with them). If they passed the exam/seminar, a transfer letter will be written to their universities for clearance immediately.
- Applicants must be ready to enter into a contract with the university not to request for any leave (except for vertical study leave, horizontal study leave is not allowed at all times) before they render a minimum of one year service to Adigrat University. Those who are accepted on transfer basis but having obligations from their university or the MOSHE shall be ready to continue their remaining obligation with Adigrat University.
- The University will not cover any expense/s for candidates who come for employment. The date of employment (payment of salary and other benefits entitled for University academic staffs such as housing allowance etc) of a qualified candidate is considered to be the date of approval of the employment by the University Senate.
- A candidate is considered to be qualified or passed only after the employment is endorsed by each college council and/or the University Senate (pre-screening and appearing into interviews/exam and seminars and getting approval at the department council is considered as the only preliminary which can be accepted or differed by the higher body in accordance with the Adisgrat University legislation
Further queries/comments/suggestions etc can be forwarded to the emails of each colleges፡ College of Engineering and Technology (CET): firstname.lastname@example.org, College of Natural and Computational Colleges (CNCS): email@example.com, College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS): firstname.lastname@example.org, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES): email@example.com, College of Social Sciences and Humanities (CSSH): firstname.lastname@example.org for a pre-screening consideration by sending scanned academic credentials but only if they can show up for the final interviews/exams/seminars. Please follow the progress of employment at the university website described here.