College of Business and Economics
Business and Economics was established in October 2011 G.C at college level so as to respond the nation’s dire need of skilled labor force in the growing and tough competitive business environment both at home and abroad. Along with the production of professional, the college shoulders public responsibility to backup the development effort of the nation through provision of quality education, societal problem solving research activities, community based service and many others.
Since its inception, the college is offering just three major bachelor undergraduate degree programs both at regular and evening. The college started its function by accepting about 175 students in the three programs (departments) namely: Department of Accounting and Finance (68 students), Economics (43 students), and Management (64 students). Fifty Four percent (54%) of them were female while the rest 46% were male. Currently, the college has accepted and enrolled more than 483 students out of the total 521 assigned regular students to our college in 2012/2013 academic year (Department of Accounting and Finance: 200 students, Economics: 110 students, and Management: 173 students). Sixty Nine percent (69%) of them are male while 31% are female.
The college of Business and Economics envisions to be one of the most leading and innovative academic center of excellence that contributes to the betterment of social welfare in education, societal problem-solving research and community-based service? engagements within the coming 10 years.
The college of Business and Economics is highly committed to provide the business community and the society at large with high-quality graduates through pursuing excellence in teaching, research, and community service recognized by our key stakeholders.